The main event of the last month in the immigration community was certainly the creation of a new pathway to permanent residency for more than 90,000 essential workers and international graduate students. This new pathway to permanent residence is for health care workers, certain essential workers and Canadian graduates who are already employed in Canada and have the minimum level of proficiency in one of the two official languages.
The program is divided into six streams :
- Health care workers in Canada – 20,000 places;
- Essential, non-health care workers in Canada – 30,000 places;
- Recent international graduates from a Canadian institution – 40,000 places (limit already reached for non-French speakers);
- French-speaking health care workers in Canada – no limit;
- French-speaking essential, non-health care workers in Canada – no limit;
- French-speaking recent international graduates from a Canadian institution – no limit.
There is a limited number of places for non-French speakers. If you think you may be eligible for one of these programs, hurry, because this number could be reached really quickly! However, Francophones are not subject to the application limit, in order to promote the French language across the country. A great option for French-speaking temporary workers and foreign students outside Quebec!