Temporary Residency – Canada 2017-08-29T15:58:43+00:00


You have chosen to come to Canada on a temporary basis, as a worker, a student or for a visit.

Admissibility criteria under these programs vary greatly. However, in most cases, you will need to make a clear demonstration of your intentions, your financial means, your health as well the absence of any criminal background.

Contact-us now


Although there are many exceptions, the rule is that no work permit will be issued to a foreigner unless the employer can provide clear evidence that no qualified candidate is available to fill the position in Canada, and the work permit will be restricted to the position for which it is issued.

The issuance of a work permit will normally take a few weeks depending on the type of work, the level of work, the country of origin of your worker, etc. However, certain work permits can be obtained very rapidly.

An open work permit (valid for any job / employer) can be issued under particular circumstances.



Although there are some exceptions to the rule, you will usually need to hold a study permit in order to study in Canada. Once you have been accepted in your desired course of study, you will need to fulfill immigration requirements before a permit is issued. A study permit can normally be obtained in a short amount of time, but it is wise to obtain it as soon as possible.

Family members of the foreign student will usually be able to obtain authorizations to accompany the student during his course of study in Canada: Spouses can obtain an open work permit, and children will receive the proper documentation in order to pursue their studies in Canada.

In many cases, minor children accompanying their parents in Canada (who are themselves workers, students or visitors) need to obtain a study permit in order to attend school during their stay in Canada.



While nationals of many countries are exempted from applying for a visa before they travel to Canada, all visitors to Canada will need to satisfy Canadian authorities of their compliance with immigration rules before they are formally admitted on Canadian soil. Moreover, since March 2016, all visa-exempt nationals, except US citizens and a few others, need to apply for an Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA) before travelling to Canada.